The Arizona Governor’s Commission on Service and Volunteerism is a governor-appointed state entity that encourages Arizonan engagement in service and volunteer efforts. Authorized under Executive Order 2014-07 and in partnership with the Corporation for National and Community Service, Commission members provide oversight and administration of federal funding to AmeriCorps State programming in Arizona.
GOYFF is responsible for distributing over $8.4 million in federal funds for AmeriCorps programming each year. Programs that receive this funding address critical community needs such as preventing opioid misuse, reducing the trauma of domestic violence, easing the strain of prisoner re-entry, increasing academic achievement, decreasing homelessness, sustaining national trails and parks, assisting seniors to stay independent, and providing mentoring to Arizona youth in the areas of literacy, continuing education and Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM Programs). Public and private sector organizations that address one or more of these issues identified by GOYFF can apply for these funds. Grants are then awarded through a formal application process called a Request for Grant Application (RFGA).
- Arizona Governor's Commission on Service and Volunteerism 2022 Annual Report
- Arizona Governor’s Commission on Service and Volunteerism 2021 Annual Report
This Commission is able to create a workgroup necessary to further facilitate what is outlined in the body's Executive Order. The workgroup is comprised of members which include: issue-area experts, and/or community stakeholders. The Commission further develops its work through the following:
- Service Enterprise Sustainability Workgroup
Commission Special Projects
- Governor’s Volunteer Service Awards: Since 2003, the Governor’s Volunteer Service Awards has recognized individuals and groups who serve Arizona communities. The 20th Annual Governor's Volunteer Service Awards will be held on April 26, 2023. Awards will be received for the following categories: Lifetime Achievement, Inspired Adult Leadership, Inspired Youth Leadership, Service to Community, AmeriCorps Member/Volunteer, and Disaster Response.
Nominate Someone Today!
- Arizona Summit on Volunteerism & Civic Engagement: Since 2010, the Arizona Summit on Volunteerism and Civic Engagement has provided the opportunity for individuals, groups, leaders, and representatives of Arizona's volunteer, civic engagement, and service-learning communities to further develop and foster their skills to better serve Arizona communities.
Coming Soon: 2023 Summit Registration