The Arizona Human Trafficking Council was established to address human trafficking in Arizona through strategic and targeted human trafficking prevention and awareness efforts. The Council is authorized under Executive Order 2015-12 to develop a comprehensive and coordinated victims’ service plan; evaluate and report to the governor on statewide human trafficking data; promote greater collaboration with law enforcement, state agencies, and the community at large; and raise public awareness about victims’ services, restitution, and prevention. The Council consists of members appointed by the Governor. In December 2015, Governor Ducey renewed the Arizona Human Trafficking Council Indefinitely.
This Council is able to create workgroups necessary to further facilitate what is outlined in the body's Executive Order. Each workgroup is comprised of members that are issue-area experts, and/or community stakeholders. The Council further develops its work through the following:
- Outreach & Awareness Workgroup
- Policy Workgroup
- Training/Data & Research Workgroup
- Victim Services Workgroup
Through multidisciplinary collaboration and an increased focus on providing trauma-informed care, the Council guides Arizona's statewide response to sex and labor trafficking by promoting public awareness and prevention on the issue of human trafficking as well as victims' services. Since the inception of the Arizona Human Trafficking Council in 2014, members have provided awareness training presentations to over 50,000 professionals and community members statewide. To request training, click here.
- Arizona Attorney General's Office
- Arizona State University School of Social Work, Office of Sex Trafficking Intervention Research (STIR)
- Sex Trafficking 101: An online training module with specific information for the general public, school professionals, mental health providers, and medical providers.
- Arizona Anti-Trafficking Network
- McCain Institute for International Leadership
- International Rescue Committee
Regional Task Force Contacts
- Arizona Coalition of Victim Services
- Central Arizona United to Stop Exploitation (CAUSE) Task Force | Gabby Settembre
- Coalition Against Human Trafficking in Northern Arizona
- Eastern Arizona Human Trafficking Coalition | Sarah Way
- Northland Family Help Center | Kate Wyatt
- Mohave County Human Trafficking & Domestic Violence Coalition | Kelly Tanner & Marianne Salem
- Phoenix Human Trafficking Task Force
- Pinal Alliance Against Trafficking Coalition | Stacie Blackburn
- Southern Arizona Anti-Trafficking Unified Response Network | SAATURN Email
- Yavapai County Trafficking Task Force | Missy Sikora & Tom Boelts